Spyderco Bill Moran Drop Point- FB02
- Manufacturer: Spyderco
- Model: FB02
- UPC: 716104650026
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Price includes shipping to the lower 48 States. Some restrictions apply.
Bill Moran is recognized as the grandfather of American custom knifemaking and the founding father of the American Bladesmith Society. He started pounding steel, making knives more than fifty years ago. If you're lucky enough to find a custom-made Moran to buy, expect to shell out five-figures, minimum. His work and designs are that revered.
Spyderco is privileged to offer a production fixed-blade collaboration patterned in Bill Moran's ageless tradition. The blade is flat-ground VG-10 and carries Bill's signature. They are tapered, starting thick where the blade joins the handle, thinning down the spine to a fine, uniformly ground tip. In the hand the knife conveys a unique feeling of balance, called by some a sweet spot. The sweet spot is due to the blade and handle being comparable in weight. This balance transfers into a feeling of steady control over the cutting edge. The FRN handle three-dimensionally fills out the palm and is inlayed with a panel of non-sliding Kraton. Highly recommended for hunting and camping both models come in a molded Boltaron sheath with multi-position G-Clip fastening system.
- 3-7/8" plain drop point blade
- 3-3/8" cutting edge
- 8-1/16" overall length
- 1/8" blade thickness
- Three ounces
- VG-10 blade steel, flat grind
- Bill Moran's signature on blade
- Tapered blade with fine tip
- Sweet spot created by similar weight of blade and handle
- Non sliding Kraton handle insert
- Fiberglass reinforced nylon handle
- Molded Kydex sheath with Tek-Lok fastening system for five position carry
- Limited factory warranty